What we do
We provide support to children with learning difficulties in literacy / dyslexia and who have been referred to us through the EA Psychology Service.
We work to improve the reading, writing, speaking and listening skills of children and young people.
Support from the Service can involve:
- Teaching to help improve the reading, writing, speaking and listening skills;
- Support on an individual basis depending on the child’s needs;
- Guidance on how to access and use assistive technology to support literacy development;
- Provision of information and resources to help parents support their children’s literacy development at home;
- Provision of training to schools in the areas of literacy difficulties; and
- Development of partnership working with parents and schools.
Any parent or school can contact the service if they have general enquiry or if they wish they wish to discuss their child’s referral from the Educational Psychology Service.
Telephone: 028 9448 2228
Operating hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am – 12.30pm and 1.15pm – 5.00pm
When emailing, please provide a contact telephone number, your child’s full name and date of birth, the name of their school and details of your query. A member of the team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.